With an aging population, our community needs more accessible trails. 55% of community members who responded to our poll stated that they or someone they know would take advantage of a more accessible trail.
This GivingTuesday, we're raising funds to make this project a reality. Mark your calendars for November 29th and keep an eye on your inbox to learn how you can make a difference at Lake Laurentian!
The Accessible Trail and Entrance will include:
• 2 km of trail upgraded to AODA* standards for accessibility
• Two (2) accessible viewing platforms that overlook scenic wetlands designed to AODA standards
• Two (2) turnaround spaces
• Four (4) trailside rest stops that will accommodate the abilities of all users
• 26 parking spaces, 4 of which are accessible
*AODA is the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
You can increase accessibility at the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area.